the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mallwalking again

It is still effing cold outside. While I am getting used to it again, and as long as I was driving home from yoga past the mall, I thought I'd have my walk inside today.

I actually wore my wool houseshoes to yoga class, because it is perfectly dry outside, and following Matt's instructions I am trying short walks with less structured shoes, to see how my feet take it. After class (we take off even our socks in yoga) I put on my new Chucks, or as we used to call them back in the day, Converse All Stars. (These days of modern times the exact same shoe is called Chuck Taylors, after the illegible signature in the middle of the logo that has been there all along.) I am assured that these jock canvas athletic shoes are now fashionable for everyone -- although I sure don't see many people in my particular age group wearing them -- and they come in all kinds of colors and patterns, including all black, which is what I got. And not hightops.

So I walked five times around the mall, in 35 minutes. That's two miles, and I'd had enough of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment