the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Missed one

The end of January: Thursday the 28th, it was effing cold again, but I went out and walked around (I forget where) for 27 minutes. Friday it was still cold, so after Jon & I went to a movie at Hilldale we walked around the mall for 42 minutes.

Saturday it was still cold. I mean this was the week when I actually put out some frostpainting to freeze on the deck, because it didn't get over twenty degrees even during the day. I stayed inside and read all day. Jon was out amongst it, slashing and burning at Spring Green with a bonfire to keep the crew warm.

Sunday (still cold) we went out to walk around anyway. After fueling up at the coffeeshop for a half hour or so, We walked down the bikepath to Olin Turville Park, then across the causeway to circle the bay. Wind was more or less from the north, and of course there are parts of that walk that are pretty exposed. Such conditions do encourage one to move along pretty fast. It's more or less four miles around the bay, we were gone a couple hours, never did figure out exactly how long.

No comments:

Post a Comment