the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Monday and Tuesday

Monday I had a headache, and didn't go out at all. I read a lot.

Tuesday I still had the headache but decided I had to go out and just walk it off. It is possibly a side effect of medications, yadda yadda. Well actually as long as this is my journal I suppose I can go into some detail about that. Just about a month ago the doctor doubled my bupropion (wellbutrin) dosage, which I had cut back to a point where it was really not having much effect, but at the higher dosage I find I start getting headaches, which is not at all typical for me, most particularly if I have not had my three to five mile walk every single day which I suppose is burning off the medication in a desirable sort of way. Usually if I skip a day of the med, the headache will go away, but this is one of those drugs you are most particularly not supposed to skip, in case of seizures. No fooling. Anyway, I still have some of the lower dosage pills, so I compromised with a lower-dose day and a long walk and it did the trick, as usual. Also the regulation 12-oz coffee, which makes it all more complicated of course (but I had coffee the day before and the headache had not abated).

It was snowing nicely. Including a brief stop at the coffee shop, I was out for 53 minutes, east on the bike path, under Olin Ave, drop coffee cup in Montessori school trash, around the O'Sheridan loop where I walked partly in the street. The north wind off the bay was making drifts on the north-south sidewalks. Then west on Lakeside, to avoid the wind, and home.

I lay on the floor for quite some time, and stretched my arms a bit. Shoulders still bad.

In this photo you can see the snow just beginning to melt on my hat after I came in. This is my Hat Number One that I made in the late seventies at Bluejacket, Oklahoma out of my grandma Alice's scrapbag when she taught me to crochet. It is both double- and single-crochet with two yarns on the hook. Very warm, and I can't get lost in the snow in this.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment