the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walk, walk, walk

Monday, Jon was off in Spring Green slashing & burning to restore prairie habitat. I read most of the day. In the afternoon I had a walk around the neighborhood, 45 minutes or so, while I was trying to reach Marcia on the phone. I went down Emerson over to the bay, around O'Sheridan, south to the bikepath along the creek and west back to Park St and home. Then I drove over the Marcia's for tea and chocolates and to catch up a bit since we hadn't seen each other in months. It snowed a bit, but temperature was mild, and I felt pretty good.

Yesterday was Tuesday and I had read a couple of novels from the library so I walked over to Monroe St to return them, through the zoo. Wind from the north but not too cold to walk into. I had a break at the library to read a bit of the New York Review of Books and then posted about it on Facebook right from the library. Managed to resist later books in the series by Kathy Reichs (source of teevee series Bones about forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan) because I am trying to read them in order. On the New Book Shelf though I had to pick up Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters because, you know, Jane Austen just didn't write enough books, and Colonel Brandon with a tentacle condition will certainly make the young lady's reservations about him all the more understandable. Walked back through the park, which is a bit longer way, so it was 45 minutes there and more like 50 back.

I did take a half a pain med yesterday, because I started out the day with the hurting all over thing from fingers to toes and everything in between. Today, much the same, but I expect I will get out for a walk, much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment