the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Sunday, February 21, 2010

More walks

Friday Jon and I walked through the zoo and around Vilas Park. About an hour and a half. I have been dragging these last several days, sleep a lot, still tired, swelled up hands and feet etc.

Saturday (Jon was out slashing and burning at Spring Green) I walked 72 minutes around the neighborhood. All the way over to Olin-Turville, where the big Polar Plunge event was being torn down, but there still was only the one trash container for the whole park. Stretched with a bit of yoga.

Today I was on my feet walking for an hour and 55 minutes, but some ten minutes or so of that was walking around Trader Joe's on Monroe St for groceries. Jon carried them back. Instead of going out to a park with a hiking trail we stayed in the neighborhood today, because everything is melting, the trails are sure to be slushy, and my boots are not holding up to water at all well anymore. The road through Vilas Park is still one of my favorite places, along Lake Wingra, solid white with snow cover. Slept nearly twelve hours, still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment