the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday

A gray day today in the twenties. With wind out of the north and east, it's kinda cold. I walked north on Park St and West Shore through Brittingham Park to the corner of Main St and Proudfit (that's the street that turns into Regent and connects to the John Nolen causeway) north of the bay. Then west on Regent St, with a stop at Fraboni's market for the The Best Pizza Sauce In Town. No sitting down. Continued west on Regent, then south on Brooks and Mills past St Marys to the Wingra Creek bikepath, then east, to Beld and home. An hour and twenty-five minutes walking (I turned off stopwatch while I was in the market).

My right foot was playing up toward the end, and my lower back a bit, then not. Ready to lie down on the floor when I got home though, and ran through yoga stretches and a bit of breathing for fifteen minutes (while the cat tried to make me scratch her head instead). Hamstrings actually seem to have loosened up a bit with the regular stretching. Just a bit. Shoulders still tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment