the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday

Today I walked over to Monroe St again. Did a dozen squats (Chair Pose) before I left. The watch was working funny (it needed winding, go figure) so I think it was about 35 minutes there (cutting across parking lots to Wingra Drive), and 40 minutes back. Sat and read in the library and the coffee shop for some time before starting back. Coming back the sun was getting low and the sidewalks started freezing, so I noticed I was clomping around with the heel-strike first, and slipping every so often as that is not the most balanced way of walking, so I corrected my gait the way Matt & I had talked about last month and managed most of the last half mile with the forefoot-strike and shorter strides. I can tell it's different muscles being used again though. Then fifteen minutes lying on the floor, a little stretching. Feet hurt, as usual, otherwise not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment