the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Monday, January 4, 2010

Sunday walk


Yesterday it was fiercely cold again, so we went to the mall. It is no where near as enjoyable as going to a park to walk. The parking ramp is called "Arboretum Park" and when we sat on the comfy sofa looking at the sign I couldn't help but reflect on the irony. It's a car park, as they say over the water, all cement, with each level decorated with monocolor line drawings and the name of some tree. We parked on Pine level, with giant pinecones. Yeah, right.

The photo is from the hiking trail Natural Avenue in the Arboretum, from our Sunday walk in mid-December.

I was dragging, very tired and sore in spite of pain med, sacroiliac with a little radiating down my right leg. We walked 62 minutes, and made seven circuits of the four-tenths of a mile. Then from the theater we walked back down to Quizno's and had a snack before the movie. We saw the late matinee of Invictus.

I wore my chucks again, which was probably a mistake. I felt like I was getting blisters again on my little toes, although no signs of actual blisters. Today I'll try the boots and the great outdoors, if only for a few minutes. This is the time of year when those of us From Around Here start using the word "balmy" as soon as it gets up near twenty degrees F (that's seven below C).

Today I have the sore-all-over like the flu thing, with special bonus pain in my shoulders. It is clear that the way one naturally tenses up in the cold is no help at all with my condition. It is a good thing my yoga class starts again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment