the neighborhood: it's a mile from home to St Marys

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday

Went out today in the midafternoon, temperature down to twenty again but sunny. Boots and yaktrax, which were helpful in the packed snow areas. At the coffeeshop I stretched a bit, and remembered to do some squats, half a dozen while I was waiting for my latte. I am able to get down far enough that my thighs are very nearly parallel with the floor, without raising my heels or losing the arch in my back. Yes, highly eccentric behavior, but what do I care.

The wind was from the north, and I walked south down Beld St to Park, and then along Park even though it's noisy to Walgreen's. All that including the coffeeshop took 25 minutes, say twenty actually walking, and it is mostly uphill on Beld. I had a new prescription to pick up, and spent half an hour mincing around the tile floor at the drugstore so I wouldn't fall down as the yaktrax are incredibly slippery there. Looking for aromatherapy type products that might help me keep from getting the inevitable splitting headache with the higher dosage of meds, flavors I looked up on the internet last night.

Then seventeen minutes back, cause it's downhill, down Fisher St through the hood, to the footbridge over the creek and north on Beld and Park to home. Yeah, it's about a mile each way. How did I feel? Beats me, I 'm on pain meds. Feet hurt.

Then I lay down for a little stretching, a little resting, hamstring and back stretches, Crocodile pose and Downward Dog, until kitty came out from her nap and insisted on being petted and then on playing with her Monster Rubberband String toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment